Friday, November 13, 2020

My students

 As I sit in my classroom preparing for the weeks to come, I lean back in my desk chair with a heart full of gratitude and thanksgiving because of how good and faithful God is.  I look around my classroom and can picture all of my students and a smile comes across my face.  I have the greatest students in the world.  This kids are so amazing and fantastic.  They make me laugh, are full of life and joy and awesome.  I am extremely lucky and blessed to be their teacher. 

I have the upmost privilege of teaching secondary math at Valley Christian School in Spokane, WA.  It is a blessing to be apart of a staff that wants to reach these kids for Jesus.  It is also a blessing to see how much these kids love Jesus.  What an honor to be able to speak into these kids lives each and every day.

As people often say when so happy, “I’m livin the dream!”  That’s how I feel.  I am truly living the dream.  I enjoy getting up early in the morning, even though I am not a morning person, because I get to see my students.  Seeing there faces is my favorite part of the day.  Talking with them and getting to know them is so much fun.  There is nothing like it.  

I leave my door open in the mornings just so I can hear the students coming into the building.  My heart jumps when I sense they have entered the building.  Because I love seeing them so much, it is hard for me when students miss and can’t be in class.  

So here it is, the weekend and I am sitting in an empty classroom looking forward to Monday so that I can see my students.  

Lord Jesus, thank you for my students.  Thank you that you have chosen me to be there teacher and inspire them to do great things for your kingdom.  Protect them in this crazy world.  I love you so much.  In Jesus Name, Amen!!

T~Money


No comments: