Monday, February 15, 2016

Vacation Time

I always love going on vacation.  I try to get out of town at least once a year.  I have been to some amazing places and seeing some great things.  The cool thing about having family out of town is going to visit them.  One of my ultimate goals is to visit all 50 states and right now I am at about 23 so I have a long way to go. 

Right now I will tell you about one of my vacations that I took in 2013.  I flew back to Louisville, Kentucky to volunteer at the kids camp for an afternoon.  The kids camp is called Camp Hiho.  Camp Hiho does a Saturday day camp for kids with autism.  I stumbled across from it while trying to find internships for my master's degree.  I learned so much from going to this event.  Besides having my life changed, I was able to meet a famous actresses family.  The actress is Jennifer Lawrence.  Her family is awesome.  Her brother Blaine is the director of the camp and they are just a great family.  Unfortunately Jennifer didn't make it out for the event.  I did get props for coming the furthest of all the volunteers.  This was a great trip to take.

I also got to see and spend some quality time with one of my amazing friends from Gonzaga Tiffanie Shives.  We met when she was a player on the team.  Also while on a 5 hour layover in Denver, I got to have dinner with my brother, sister-in-law and three nieces.  It was a lot of fun. 

I am so thankful to have been given the opportunity to go on this trip.   I hope to go back and volunteer at the camp again soon. 

T~Money

No comments: