Saturday, February 20, 2016

Bouncing Back

Defeat.  It is extremely hard when you get defeated.  I have learned the art of bouncing back from getting defeated in sports, both as a player and as a coach.  The biggest lesson that I have learned from getting defeated is to not dwell on it, but let it go.  There is always another game or day that will come.  The sun will shine again.  So what I do is prepare for the next.  I remember coaching a basketball team last year and getting beat in a nail biter.  In the locker I knew and the players new that they could have been better, but unfortunately the other team was better.  The great thing that my team did was take that loss and use it as a motivator for the next game.  The amazing thing that happened that season was after that game, they won the next several games.  I was so proud of them.

Hopefully some of the lessons you can learn from this is that one, you can bounce back from being defeated and two, use that loss to be a motivator to be better next time.  There will always be a next time.  You can count on that.

Never give up.  You can do it.

T~Money

No comments: